Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Leaders

1 Timothy 4:16 reads, "Be conscientious about how you live and what you teach. Persevere in this, because by doing so you will save both yourself and those who listen to you." 

I've read both 1 and 2 Timothy and nothing makes me angry inside when I see self proclaimed leaders blindly lead a group of youth or adults. You have been blessed with the gift to teach, the gift of friendship, the gift of giving or the gift to preach yet you're teachings by the way you live and teach is pitiful.I'm sure the glorified title of being a spiritual leader or pastor tickles you with joy that you have the respect and self righteous facade, but your act only works on an audience. 
Too harsh? Quit reading.
My eyes are opened and my heart is ready. I will not sit back and watch with a turned eye as you fill peoples spirits and souls with lies! That's their lives you're messing with, GOD'S people! Turn in your badges and work on your walk with God first before you act on your good works.
It's no wonder people are suffering in working on their relationship with Christ. It's no wonder the world has despised and coined us as "crazy", "hateful", "controlling", "hypocrit." What part of the gospel are you sharing with the world by acting the way you are? Because so few people are given the opportunities to be a witness as to the true nature of Jesus.
I do this out of love and it is not you that angers me, it is your actions. I am a part of the body of Christ no matter what church you attend and I will take blame as I should be watching my actions as well.


4:12 "Let no one look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in your speech, conduct, love, faithfulness, and purity."

No comments:

Post a Comment